Henry Victor Malan 1817 – 1879 a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy, he was a student of Samuel Hahnemann in 1840, Surgeon and Obstetrician Tubingen 1839, MD Aberdeen 1845, Member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons and the Medical Societe of Geneva, a member of the Societe Hahnemanniene Gallicane Paris, a member of the Hahnemannian Society and Physician to the Hahnemann Hospital at 39 Bloomsbury Square.
Mrs. Erskine, the wife of Thomas Erskine of Linlathen, recommended Henry Victor Malan to Frederic Chopin, who she knew well from Paris, and who was visiting London and Scotland, where they attended seances together.
Henry Victor Malan practiced at 53 Upper Berkeley Square, Portman Square and at 6 Great Cumberland Street, and 4 High Street, Guildford, where he worked at the Guildford Homeopathic Dispensary in 1867.
Henry Victor Malan was a colleague of Charles Gaspard Peschier, and he knew the Staff of the Hahnemann Hospital at 39 Bloomsbury Square which included John Anderson, James Chapman, Edward Charles Chepmell, Paul Francois Curie, Robert Ellis Dudgeon, Thomas Engall, Joseph Hands, Amos Henriques, Robert Hamilton, Charles Hunt, Henry Kelsall, Joseph Laurie, James John Garth Wilkinson, David Wilson, George Wyld, William Leaf, Christian Karl Josias Bunsen, Thomas Egerton 2nd Earl of Wilton, Robert Grosvenor, Thomas Roupell Everest, Charles Powell Leslie, James More Molyneux, David Wilson, William Henry Ashurst, William Thomas Berger, W A Case, J M Douglas, G H Flatcher, John Fowler, Joseph Glover, Sydney Hanson, Thomas Higgs, T H Johnstone, John Miller, Chas Pasley, Mathias Roth, Frederick Sandoz, W Stephenson, Samuel Sugden, Allan Templeton, Major Tyndale, William Warne, A Wilkinson, S Wilson and many others.
Henry Victor Malan wrote Vade Mecum of the Homeopathic Practitioner, On Cataract, its nature and treatment, Pocket Book of Homeopathy, and he also wrote articles for The British Journal of Homeopathy and many other pamphlets and papers.
Edward Malan is mentioned in the Homeopathic Medical Directory of Great Britiain and Ireland in 1871.