Alfred Edward Hawkes was present at the World’s Congress of Homeopathic Physicians and Surgeons in 1894.
Alfred Edward Hawkes was a member of The British Homeopathic Society, and he resided at 24 Rodney Street, Liverpool and he was introduced to homeopathy by Dr Arthur Clipston of Northampton.
Alfred Edward Hawkes worked at the Homeopathic Hospital at Neuilly sur Seine in France, 1914-1916:
Among the eighty medical cases, ten of typhoid were treated, and none died. Chronic diseases of the alimentary canal there were eight. Cases of respiratory affliction amounted to forty. The remainder of medical cases were of heart disease, renal disease, and acute and chronic rheumatism.
The surgical cases Alfred Edward Hawkes worked closely with Frantz Hartmann (a World renowned Paris surgeon) in setting up a highly organized surgical installation. Surgical cases totaled one hundred and twenty two, many fractures, and shrapnel fragments from the fighting lines. Although a complete listing of patients treated at Neuilly was located, specific information concerning each case was very limited.
Alfred Edward Hawkes wrote articles for The British Journal of Homeopathy and the Homeopathic Journal of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Paedology, and his cases were included in The Testimony of the Clinic by Eugene Beauharnais Nash.