The Leaf Homeopathic Cottage Hospital

Leaf Cottage HospitalThe Leaf Homeopathic Cottage Hospital (*photo used courtesy of Homéopathe International by Sylvain Cazalet at PHOTOTHÈQUE HOMÉOPATHIQUE) was opened in 1888 at 1 & 2 Marine Road, Eastbourne, by the Misses Leaf, the daughters of the late William Laidler Leaf, and 3 Marine Road was then donated to the hospital by Alfred Tabor,

2.1.1888 – the Leaf Homeopathic Cottage Hospital opens, provided by the Misses Leaf, the daughters of the late William Laidler Leaf,

1893 – The hospital treated 110 cases with a mortality of but three per cent,

1902 – the 15th Annual report of the hospital was published in the British Homeopathic Review,

1902 – cases from the hospital were reported in the American Medical Monthly,

1904 – the 16th Annual Report for the hospital is published in the British Homeopathic Review,

1904 – Edwin Awdas Neatby is Consulting Physician at the hospital,

1908 – Alex Henry Croucher, and Swanseger were Physicians at the hospital,

1908 – cases from the hospital were reported in the Calcutta Journal of Medicine,

1911 – The Governors and General Council of the King Edward’s Hospital Fund awarded the hospital a grant of £10,

1911 – the 24th Annual Report of the hospital is held by the East Sussex County Council,

1912 – Dudley d’Auvergne Wright was a Physician at the hospital,

1923 – George Percy Norman was Consulting Radiologist at the hospital,

1931 – a new site for the hospital had been acquired for a full modernisation and upgrade of the hospital to 25 beds, due to its success and popularity, 12,000 patient have been seen since its inception, and the hospital now has 3 Physicians, 3 Consultants, a Matron, a Sister, 4 Nurses,

1933 – the 46th Annual Report of the hospital is held by the East Sussex County Council,

1948 – Gerald Upjohn represented the hospital to obtain a secured loan,

1976 – the records of the hospital between 1948 – 1976 are held at the National Archives,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *