Sydney Hanson 1817? – 1864 MD Glasgow 1843 was an orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become a House Physician at the Hahnemann Hospital and the London Homeopathic Hospital, physician at the Leicester Homeopathic Dispensary, a member of the British Homeopathic Society and The British Homeopathic Association and the Hahnemann Medical Society, he was also a member of the Statistical Society.
Sydney Hanson was an Honorary member of the British Homeopathic Association, and knew the Staff of the Hahnemann Hospital at 39 Bloomsbury Square which included John Anderson, James Chapman, Edward Charles Chepmell, Paul Francois Curie, Robert Ellis Dudgeon, Thomas Engall, Joseph Hands, Robert Hamilton, Amos Henriques, Charles Hunt, Henry Kelsall, Joseph Laurie, Henry Victor Malan, James John Garth Wilkinson, David Wilson, William Leaf, George Wyld, Christian Karl Josias Bunsen, Thomas Egerton 2nd Earl of Wilton, Robert Grosvenor, Thomas Roupell Everest, Charles Powell Leslie, James More Molyneux, David Wilson, William Henry Ashurst, William Thomas Berger, W A Case, J M Douglas, G H Flatcher, John Fowler, Joseph Glover, Sydney Hanson, Thomas Higgs, T H Johnstone, John Miller, Chas Pasley, Mathias Roth, Frederick Sandoz, W Stephenson, Samuel Sugden, Allan Templeton, Major Tyndale, William Warne, A Wilkinson, S Wilson and many others.
Sydney Hanson was a Medical Secretary and Resident Physician at a small hospital at Paul Francois Curie‘s house, alongside Barry, Edward Charles Chepmell, William Leaf, Victor Massol, Jas Bell Metcalfe, John Ozanne, William Parsons,
In 1844 Dr. Sydney Hanson from the records of all the cases that had been treated at the hospital, which had been regularly and carefully kept, drew up an elaborate report of the cases treated from 1839 to 1844.
Sydney Hanson’s Obituary is in The British Journal of Homeopathy in 1864.
George H Hanson (?brother of Sydney Hanson) MD Glasgow of Hertford Lodge, High Street, Tunbridge Wells, physician at the Leicester Homeopathic Dispensary, Physician at the Nottingham Homeopathic Dispensary, Resident Physician and Secretary at the Hahnemann Hospital and Physician at the Tunbridge Wells Homeopathic Dispensary.
Scanned from the Folthorp Brighton City Directory 1861 p 446-447 (With thanks to *Alan Campbell (private researcher in Brighton 2.12.10):
LOCAL INTELLIGENCE. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. 6, Prince Albert-street.
Hon. Sec.–HENRY JAMES, Esq., Lieut. R.N.
Subscribers receive one ticket for each shilling subscribed, which ticket will admit a patient for one month to the benefits of the Institution. Donations of Five Pounds will entitle the giver to have Twenty-four tickets annually, and so on in proportion for any larger sum. Patients who do not obtain the recommendation of a Subscriber, may be admitted to the benefits of the Institution, on payment of One Shilling per month.
The Dispensary is open for the purpose of affording advice and medicine every day from nine till ten in the morning (Saturday and Sundays excepted). New cases cannot be admitted after 9.30.
Patients who are too ill to attend at the Dispensary will be visited at their own homes, but when such attendance is required, except in cases of emergency, it is necessary that notice should be sent to the Surgeon before 9 A.M. Subscriptions and Donations may be enclosed to the Honorary Secretary, or paid to the Collector, at the Dispensary, 6, Prince Albert-street.